FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By snapperhead51
Finally got the sarras trimmed up ,a bit late but done , got rid of heaps in winter so now down to a more manageable level of plants ,hope still more to go soon , so here is what I have left from some 170 odd plants
J

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIHqodiGX3M[/youtube]
Last edited by snapperhead51 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JimsPlants
Nice Vid John- looking good, Love the courtii.
Great time of the year for you waiting in anticipation for the new season to get into full swing.

Hope your all well,

James.
JimsPlants liked this
By Daniel_G
looking great John!
I can't believe 170 is half of what you used to have!
Love the accent too! Makes your voice sound quite calming!
Daniel_G liked this
By Gothic TRAPS
Beautiful collection of Sarrs, snapperhead51!

As Spring is rolling around for your, your growing conditions have them very happy with all the massive flowering going on. Nice growing :)!
By snapperhead51
JimsPlants wrote:Nice Vid John- looking good, Love the courtii.
Great time of the year for you waiting in anticipation for the new season to get into full swing.

Hope your all well,

James.
Hi James long time no hear mate ;) hope all is well with you , how you going now mate ?? yep spring is hear again and the plants are responding early here ,as winter has been very mild indeed :mrgreen: , drop me a pm or email mate let me know how you are ok !
good to hear from you
J
snapperhead51 liked this
By snapperhead51
Daniel_G wrote:looking great John!
I can't believe 170 is half of what you used to have!
Love the accent too! Makes your voice sound quite calming!

Thanks Dan , he he he ,,, what accent ?? ha ah ha ;; when I just said to the wife you thought my voice was calming she had a good old laugh :mrgreen:
dont know what that's all about ?? , yer 170 sarrras was just to many for me to deal with, now still to many I think !! want to get them down to may be 50 or 60 pots , may be less , re-potting is the biggest hassle and keeping the water up to them in 40c temps in summer , ok thanks mate for your kind comments :D
J
snapperhead51 liked this
By snapperhead51
Gothic TRAPS wrote:Beautiful collection of Sarrs, snapperhead51!

As Spring is rolling around for your, your growing conditions have them very happy with all the massive flowering going on. Nice growing :)!
Yes the amount of flowers I can contribute to a very mild winter I think and the previous summer, the plants I had put in winter sun actually has produced twice as many flowers as the ones that got less sun ?? interesting , all though our winters are cool , no snow or heavy frosts here , a lot may be half of our winter days have sun all day and day temps can get up to 15 c but mainly around 12 c and night time temps are 2 to 8 c , , the difference was very noticeable in deed . and it helped clear up the mealy bug problem on those plants too .
J
snapperhead51 liked this
By SnapSnapIOM
Great video Snapper :)

I wish there was a lot more video's done by members here you can learn so much by just watching and listening

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

worm in substrate?

might be fungus gnat larvae

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!