FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By 95slvrZ28
I recently moved and I think I have an ok view, so I thought I'd share. Here's a little HDR merge (7 exposures ranging from -3.0 to +3.0) of a recent sunset taken from my porch.

(shhhh, I sneakily made it so you can't see the 4 lane road that runs in front of my house)

By Steve_D
Wow-- That's a beautiful view, Blake! Thanks so much for sharing the HDR photo. I guess it's a view from east of Denver, Colorado, looking west over Denver to the not so distant Rocky Mountains. Is Aurora at a higher elevation than Denver? Anyway, beautiful view-- :)
By 95slvrZ28
Steve_D wrote: I guess it's a view from east of Denver, Colorado, looking west over Denver to the not so distant Rocky Mountains. Is Aurora at a higher elevation than Denver?
That's exactly correct. I live east and south of the actual "Denver" area. Denver sits in a basin, so Aurora is a higher elevation (I live around 5600ft, so roughly 300ft higher than the "mile high city"). I think Aurora has the best view of the mountians in the Denver area. If you get too far west you can't see the actual mountains, just the foothills at the base. Denver is the lowest spot, so you can't see as much of them as you can from Aurora. I have another view of the same sunset that showcases the mountains a bit better (worse view on the sunset, but it doesn't have that silly tree covering a lot of the mountains). I'll merge up those exposures once I get my new media soaking and share it with you all :)
95slvrZ28 liked this
By English Springer
Great pic and an equally great view!
You are lucky to live in such a great area.
Peace!
ES
By 95slvrZ28
Thanks ES! There are many reasons why I would be perfectly happy never moving from CO. The nice view being one of them.

Here's a picture that, although I don't think the clouds are lit as nice (the sun sets FAST), showcases the mountains a bit better.

95slvrZ28 liked this
By Matt
95slvrZ28 wrote:There are many reasons why I would be perfectly happy never moving from CO. The nice view being one of them.
I miss living in CO for many reasons as well, mostly the close proximity and easy access to all of the very large mountains. Here in southern Oregon, I think that the scenery is as nice as it is on the front rage, but there certainly aren't any huge mountains around like you'd see in other parts of CO.

The thing I don't miss at all is the massive number of people living in the Denver/Boulder area. The pace of life here in Ashland is much, much slower and more my style :)
By 95slvrZ28
Matt wrote:I miss living in CO for many reasons as well, mostly the close proximity and easy access to all of the very large mountains. Here in southern Oregon, I think that the scenery is as nice as it is on the front rage, but there certainly aren't any huge mountains around like you'd see in other parts of CO.
Being close to large mountains is another thing I really like. Although I'm sure I could be happier with smaller mountains, I would just have to poke fun at how small and wimpy they are! ;)

I've never visited Oregon, but it looks nice from the pictures I've seen (maybe I'll stop by the Flytrap Store North location one of these days). I have been to Washington around the Seattle area and I think the scenery there is absolutely beautiful. That said, job availability for my career is much better in the Denver Metro area than almost anywhere in the U.S. (barring Silicon Valley and a few other cities such as Sunnyvail in Cali.), so I'm quite content to stay put for the time being. Plus I can't stand high humidity!
Basal shoots cutting questions

Awesome thank you so much

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!