FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By swat007j
I just ordered the Mystery Box! from the Flytrap store , I really Hope something good comes out it , I just notice al ot of the good flies traps are out of stock :o I hope i get some tall flytraps tho all the ones i have are laying on the soil so lame lol Also any of you guy ever by this? is it worth it + does it come with a POT? or bare roots?
By Steve_D
The Mystery Box plants are all shipped bareroot (no soil, no pot). So be sure to do the research here at the Forum and at the main FlytrapCare.com site so you know what kind of soil to mix up, what kind of water to use, and what to look for in a pot (size, shape and color), before your plants arrive.

Good luck-- :)
Steve_D liked this
By swat007j
Steve_D wrote:The Mystery Box plants are all shipped bareroot (no soil, no pot). So be sure to do the research here at the Forum and at the main FlytrapCare.com site so you know what kind of soil to mix up, what kind of water to use, and what to look for in a pot (size, shape and color), before your plants arrive.

Good luck-- :)

OK i understand that the soil must be 50/50 peat moss and perlite right or sand.... I have been growing the VFT for a month now i have two but they came potted i use only Distilled water or rain water, also What time do you guy put the VFT into dormancy? the end of October right? Early November ... One more thing Do Know any place i can Get Flytrap Growing Medium for cheap? say around $5.00 i only need enough for a x2" pots. I notice you guys only say for $20.00 think you can say me the about i need?
By tgplp
Hey, Swat! I ordered a 5 plant mystery box yesterday, and am excitedly awaitingly it as well. I hope to get something good, but I assure you anything from Flytrapcare.com will be great quality, whether we get seed grown vfts or cultivars. :) As for buying soil, I got mine at a local garden center for 7.00, which isn't too bad. It was called carnivorous plant mix, but if you want you can just buy a pag of peat moss and a bag of perlite, which may be cheaper.

Good luck, and I hope you like your mystery box!

Taryn
tgplp liked this
By swat007j
tgplp wrote:Hey, Swat! I ordered a 5 plant mystery box yesterday, and am excitedly awaitingly it as well. I hope to get something good, but I assure you anything from Flytrapcare.com will be great quality, whether we get seed grown vfts or cultivars. :) As for buying soil, I got mine at a local garden center for 7.00, which isn't too bad. It was called carnivorous plant mix, but if you want you can just buy a pag of peat moss and a bag of perlite, which may be cheaper.

Good luck, and I hope you like your mystery box!

Taryn

Thanks were can i buy these? think " home de-pot or Lowes" has some?
By Matt
swat007j wrote:Thanks were can i buy these? think " home de-pot or Lowes" has some?
Sometimes peat moss and perlite can be found at Home Depot or Lowes. Just be sure it's not the Miracle Gro Brand.

If it's not available at Home Depot or Lowes, check a local nursery. If you still can't find any, there are several places online that you can purchase CP soil mix from, including the FlytrapStore.
By Shes Crofty
swat007j wrote:I just ordered the Mystery Box! from the Flytrap store , I really Hope something good comes out it , I just notice al ot of the good flies traps are out of stock :o I hope i get some tall flytraps tho all the ones i have are laying on the soil so lame lol Also any of you guy ever by this? is it worth it + does it come with a POT? or bare roots?
There is a chance you may get just the same plant, or a mixture of different kinds. That's what I love about the mystery box, the surprise... haha. It really is a great deal no matter what you get in the mystery box, though. Where else can you get 5 venus flytraps for 9.95? :D FTS pretty much rocks.
By swat007j
Shes Crofty wrote:
swat007j wrote:I just ordered the Mystery Box! from the Flytrap store , I really Hope something good comes out it , I just notice al ot of the good flies traps are out of stock :o I hope i get some tall flytraps tho all the ones i have are laying on the soil so lame lol Also any of you guy ever by this? is it worth it + does it come with a POT? or bare roots?
There is a chance you may get just the same plant, or a mixture of different kinds. That's what I love about the mystery box, the surprise... haha. It really is a great deal no matter what you get in the mystery box, though. Where else can you get 5 venus flytraps for 9.95? :D FTS pretty much rocks.

True but the soil is expensive any one here willing to sale me some?
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!