FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By winterk423
My cobra lily was doing great and was growing stolons and all as some of you might know from my post about 3 weeks ago. I repotted it and it was still doing great, then I left for vacation. (I had my dad take care of things, and all my other CPs are doing just fine.) During the two weeks that I was gone they seemed become sad. Very, very sad. I do not know the exact cause of this, though I do have my guesses (like my add using the fertilizer spray instead of regular spray, or possibly letting it go too long without watering it, or forgetting that this one, unlike the others, likes cold water instead of regular water). But whatever it may be, it doesn't change the fact that it is not happy right now.

I have flushed it through with cold water twice, but that's all that I can think of to do. Do you think it's still salvageable? What should I try to do to save it?

Before

After
By Daniel_G
Sorry, but your before and after pictures (I think) Aren't showing for me.
But, i think it's salvageable. I've had one dry out completely (James... sorry) And then come back.
It's takes a while, mine took about 3 weeks. But they can grow back again.
It didn't take any cold watering, or any of the fancy stuff. I don't bother with ice cubes or any cold, warm blah blah blah. I just grow it like a Sarr. And it's fine :)

Good luck with your Cobra!
Daniel_G liked this
By stitz25b
dans hit it on the head
it will pick up but i think it might be shock from repotting
NA cp's should be repotted just at the end of dormancy and repotting during the growing season will set andy cp back a bit
stitz25b liked this
By winterk423
Oh yay! Ok, I was going to be extremely depressed for a while there hahaha (don't tell my other CPs, but cobra is my favorite).

If it is shock from repotting...then should I be worried about moving it to a new location? (Moving into my school dorm today)
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!