FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Veronis
1) Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a B52 fly trap or two? They seem to be kind of hard to come by.

2) Does anyone have a variety of VFT with green leaves and bright red traps (the one on the left of the site banner (pic 1 of 5 below) is exactly what I'm looking for) for sale. My varieties don't seem to get very red even with 10 hours of full sun every day.
By Matt
Valydius wrote:1) Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a B52 fly trap or two? They seem to be kind of hard to come by.
Seems like Steve Doonan (flytrapranch.com) and David Conner (connerscarnivores.com) are sold out. Those are the only two places that carry them that I'd purchase from.
Valydius wrote:2) Does anyone have a variety of VFT with green leaves and bright red traps (the one on the left of the site banner (pic 1 of 5 below) is exactly what I'm looking for) for sale.
That's just a typical Venus flytrap that I own. the deep red coloration came from being under really good fluorescent lights for 3 weeks.
By Steve_D
Venus Flytraps can seem capricious about when they decide to turn their traps deep red, but most Flytraps can do so under certain conditions and as Matt mentioned, a humble "typical" Venus Flytrap can be as colorful as a fancy clone. Often smaller or younger Flytraps will turn red more readily for some reason. Even the B52, which can develop deep red traps, often doesn't.

I do have some B52s, but when I list those I consider ready to sell and ship, one or two at a time, at FlytrapRanch.com, they usually sell very quickly, often within 15-30 minutes, so it perpetually looks like I'm sold out. :)

Steve
By ChefDean
VenusFlytrapGrower wrote:Or go to predatoryplants.com to find a B52
While you have the best of intentions at heart, you do realize you're commenting on a thread that is over 10 years old, right?
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!