FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By CaptainJack
Hi everyone. My names Jay and I'm new to the world of carnivore plant growing. I was given a Venus Fly Trap on my birthday in July as I have wanted one for years. It had 5 traps to start with and is flourishing well......I think......Actually I don't know if its flourishing well or errrrrrrr too well......in the space of 2 months it has grown to have 24 traps and its still growing..there are 6 more un opened traps growing...none seem to die off...they just keep getting bigger and longer. I keep reading that these plants are slow growers. Is this true? Am I growing some kind of monster here? I don't feed it any insects and I don't use fertillisers as I'm told they will kill it. It's in a prime sunlight position and is an indoor plant. Any advice from you lovely people out there.
By Matt
Hi Jay! Welcome :)
CaptainJack wrote:I keep reading that these plants are slow growers. Is this true?
Yes, they're very slow growers. Adult plants can quickly put out a lot of traps during the summer months, but they don't increase in overall size very quickly.
By Daniel_G
Welcome to the forums Jay!

I would just keep doing what your doing! It seems happy enough!
By Grey
Hello and welcome to our community! Sounds like you've got a corker there. Would love to see photographs at some point in future! =]
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!