FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By modus
Hello everyone,
I am new to carnivorous plant cultivation but I am very eager to see my little guys grow. I have one venus flytrap that I bought from a store and have had luck so far with grow lights and a watering tray. I was a bit surprised today to see tiny white things swimming in my water. I do not think they are springtails as they do not seem to fit the description. I have my plant on a table in my living room, and I am concerned about the new discovery. Any thoughts on what they are or what I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Once again very nice to be part of a community concerning carnivorous plants!
By Daniel_G
Hey, welcome to the forums.

And, if you need more telling, get a picture! :)
By stitz25b
i second all of the above
By modus
OK, I want to apologize for taking so long to respond. Thank you for the warm welcome. The little creatures were so small that I could not get a good picture of them with my camera. But through some extensive research I discovered they were fungus nat larva. I have heard mixed opinions on whether they are bad for my plant or not. I repotted and re soiled my little guy and the critters are gone. The plant looks a lot healthier and a littler patch of plants have sprouted in the new container! Very excited!
By Grey
I didn't get a chance to say welcome when you first created the topic so I'll say hello now! Hello! Hah.

I'm glad you figured the mystery out; I had larvae in one of my seedling pots once and it ate my seedlings. Glad to hear the plant appears healthier and hope it continues to improve for you!
By Shes Crofty
What Grey said.

I didn't notice this thread before but now that I have a chance.. WELCOME! & I'm glad to hear your fungus gnat problem is all gone!
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!