FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Mkayum
I have like 50 vfts with different clones, they are placed in each foam pots. Anyone can help me? please [: Should i leave them outside or in shed?
By rhys1234
Eather will do. i would leave them on the back porch though. the best temp is around 35-55 degrees for it to go into dormancy. water it less, it will become slow. then alot of traps will die. don't worry this is natural :) in the summer, it will grow back and thrive :)
By codman4565
The two main things your VFT need to enter dormancy is a cooler temperature around 35-55 degrees, and less sunlight. The temperature decrease and lack of photosynthesis will tell your VFT that is is time to enter dormancy. A cool window in a basement or shed are perfect places because even though it needs less sunlight, it still needs sunlight. Keep it watered regularly and don't be alarmed if it looks like it's dying. This is natural and your VFT will come back stronger than before next spring. Remember, your trying to replicate the conditions it would go through if it was growing in the region it's from. So be careful. If you have no other options you can use the refrigerator method as a last resort. You can read all about dormancy here http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/venus ... t3142.html
codman4565 liked this
By Ae9803
You also whats called force dormancy. I did it last year, I started to introduce my traps to colder weather around November here, I used a outdoor storage shed, used a timed light for about 8-10hrs aday. The light heated them up enough during the day and at night never got below 30f. They died all the way back, and around april brought em out and they grew back really fast! :)

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!