FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D
A young Cephalotus in a coir/sand mix. So far so good (after about 5 months). :)

Detail of above photo

Steve_D, Steve_D liked this
By Shes Crofty
Awesome!

I have recently put an N. Ventrata in the coir, it's loving it. It's growing a bit faster than my other Ventrata in orchid bark/peat/perlite. It's also divided twice since I re-potted it.
By snapperhead51
Hi Steve nice growing there ;)
cephs grow in a wide rang of mediums , they will grow better in some than others , but the main thing for new ceph players is the mixed that may be contaminated buy ferts or salts , coria and coco chips may come from pacific Island places where fresh water can be in short supply , and the product may be washed in salt water for processing , this product will be death for any CP , just some thing to watch out for !!, I grow mine in a lot of different mixed , in the wild some grow in a soil called tea tree peat, very black and dense , not all of them , we have that here in my home town too, and got one growing in that , I all so grow some in live sphag moss to they like that a lot too ,and shag peat and fine grade perlite , sarra mix , ,and there is many more , the actual key to grow cephs is the right climate for them , get that right and you really could grow them in just about any reliable mix
J
By Steve_D
snapperhead51 wrote:but the main thing for new ceph players is the mixed that may be contaminated buy ferts or salts , coria and coco chips may come from pacific Island places where fresh water can be in short supply , and the product may be washed in salt water for processing , this product will be death for any CP
Right! Thanks for mentioning that. I should have mentioned that I carefully and thoroughly desalinate any coir I use (remove the soluble mineral salts from it). It's absolutely necessary, regardless of what any brand's advertising may say. :)
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!