FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Arctic
I got a Drosera Nidiformis in the mail about a month ago. It showed up healthy with a flower stalk on it. I trimmed the stalk off and the plant's been growing well. It made a few leaves, caught plenty of gnats, tried making a second flower stalk, which I also trimmed off, then suddenly one day I go in and look at it and all the leaves are laying in the dirt. a closer look and it seems all the leaves have turned brown and died right up by the main stem. I'm confused because all my other sundews are still looking good right next to it on the same shelf under the same lights getting the same water, and because it was doing so good for a while there. This means that it survived the shipping, recovered, then died from the same conditions under which it had just been thriving? All I can think is that I watered it from underneath a few days ago by just adding water to the tray, maybe some sediment got stirred up? Or do they need a dark cycle? I keep all my CPs in 24 hours of light. None of the other ones ever cared though... I'm kinda puzzled. I guess I'll cut off the greenest bits and put them in some sphagnum and hope something takes root.

I wish I had taken some pictures of it when it was healthy, but here it is now.
NidiformisDown.jpg
NidiformisDown.jpg (284.1 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
By Arctic
MICKEY wrote:maybe you keep the soil too wet and the roots rotted
Could be. I was just about to put it in a bigger pot with more breathing room too.
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!