FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By Dubstep13
can you use this type on CPs or VFTs
or what about like Bone Meal
i know Maxsea is 16-16-16 and u dilute it x4
so wouldnt that actually make it 4-4-4?
does anyone know, or experimented with using any.
Matt or Steve have you used any before or Experimented?
or what formula is proper
By Matt
I haven't really used any fertilizer on flytraps. If I were to, I would try something that is higher in nitrogen and without so much phosphorus and potassium. John Brittnacher and I were discussing fertilizers the other day and we both agreed that the P and K aren't very important to CPs. They're really looking for N.

I would probably try to find something along the lines of 10-5-4 NPK if I were to experiment with fertilizer.
By snapperhead51
Hi just seen the post , Matt is so right , the nitrogen that the CP's receive from there natural food it what is important, ,to give them that nitrogen is not hard but its what is the bases of that nitrogen that is important !! look for fertilisers that DO NOT contain urea or salts as nitrogen not so easy to do !! ,and you will do much better !! .at the moment I use a product like that , have been feeding all my neps , helis ,orchids and surprising some sun dews in there as well , will no adverse affects so far !1 found this very unusual , but wouldn't go rushing in doing it just yet let me see what affects it has long term ok , I got thousands of these , you guys may only have a few , will keep an eye on these plants over summer see how they respond in the heat of summer with this fert !! will try this on VFT's , and some others as well to see what is dose !!
J
snapperhead51 liked this
By Dubstep13
i found this seaweed fert it is 1-0-0 all natural and organic it says all propose. that seems not so harsh
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!