Nep RL spring11cutB 08162011.jpg (736.37 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
Spring '11 rooted cutting A
Spring '11 rooted cutting A
Nep RL spring11cutA 08162011.jpg (409.38 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
Red Leopard mother plant - NOT for sale
Red Leopard mother plant - NOT for sale
Mother Nep Red Leopard.jpg (36.96 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
Hi guys -

I have three Nepenthes "Red Leopard" (Maxima X Ventricosa) for trade. I'm kind of afraid to ship 'em, so this would be for swapping in the NYC metro area only.
They're rooted divisions from a plant I bought from Sarracenia Northwest in '09. Two were started in spring of this year. One of those is throwin' it's first pitcher presently, and the other has one fully developed pitcher and another well on the way. The third was started in spring of '10 and is a veritable pitcher-palooza! 7 or so very nice pitchers on what's just a small/medium sized plant.
I grew these on a Southern facing window sill in Brooklyn, NY. I water and mist them with distilled and/or rain water once in the morning and once at night and fertilize them by filling the pitchers with a weak "Maxsea" 16-16-16 solution a few times a year (probably not necessary).

Btw, all photos were taken today (08/16/11) and the plants are on an upside down standard coffee mug for size reference.

Stuff know I'd be interested in:
*The rarer Dionea cultivars
*Sarracenia Purpurea ssp or Purpurea cultivars
*Live sphagnum
*Very* interested in trading plus adding some dough for one of the giant Cephalotus cultivars
I could also be interested in other stuff I haven't considered yet, so feel free to offer what you've got if you're interested!

Thanks and lemmie know if you have any questions!

Tony T
By TonyT
Hi Dub -

Yeah! I'd definitely be up for trading for some of the FTS cultivars I don't have. I'm especially interested in all green Dionea or Purpurea cultivars. I have a nice, healthy typical Purpurea so I'm not looking for one of those, but any of the location specific Purpureas or the Purpurea cultivars like curly leaf I'd be very interested in.

The plants for trade are in the second, third and fourth pics. The first and last pics are of the parent plant the divisions are from. The captions of the pics should be pretty clear if you're still not clear.

Where in the NYC area are you?

Lemmie know what you've got to trade and what you're interested in and we'll work it out.

Thanks for the interest!

Tony T
By bananaman
BTW, shipping Neps is easy!

Just unpot the plant, wrap the rootball in moist sphagnum moss, wrap that in saran wrap, and rubberband the saran wrap to the stem.

Then, either put the plant into a makeshift saran wrap "bag", with a rubber-banded top, OR put it in a LARGE ziploc bag.

Then, fill a good-sized box 1/2 way with newspaper, and compact it slightly.
Put the plant in.
Then, fill the rest of the box with newspaper (be sure that the plant CANNOT move).

Then tape the box shut.

This is from experience of ORDERING bareroot neps.

Dubstep, currently this is ONLY for NYC, not the other side of the country!

I would be interested if you could ship!
By TonyT
Hey guys -

If I can't find anyone local, I'd be willing to ship if you think the plants could take it. The two smaller rooted divisions were planted around April of this year. As you can see, they're both starting to pitcher nicely, but do you think the root systems have developed enough to withstand shipping easily?

Lemmie know what you think!

Best,

Tony T
By TonyT
Hey Dub -
I'll 'em ask in the propagation forum if they think it'd be ok to ship the stuff I have to trade. I'm sure there are a bunch of people there that'll have a good idea about 'em.

Thanks for the interest and I'll get back to you soon.

Tony T
Dubstep13 wrote:ive never had a nep so maybee bannana man would know
thats why i wanna trade!
i have good stuff to trade too Sarrs and VFT rarer kinds
i would love to own one of your neps :D

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!