FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Dubstep13
is it true when germinating them you should add fertillizer to help them grow ?

add "slow release" fertilizer on the seedling to make sure this fast growing drosera get enough food, or else they will die due to starvation.
This species can tolerate fertilizer more than other drosera in your collection, so don't worry to feed them.

has anyone grown from seed or done this?
By MICKEY
I think you have to feed them when there very small
By markus13
I'm not sure Dub. I'm hoping to get lucky enough to order one of the small ones from FTS when they're back in stock. I'm sure if Matt knows that he'll help ya with that question when he gets a little time.
By Matt
Dubstep13 wrote:is it true when germinating them you should add fertillizer to help them grow ?

add "slow release" fertilizer on the seedling to make sure this fast growing drosera get enough food, or else they will die due to starvation.
This species can tolerate fertilizer more than other drosera in your collection, so don't worry to feed them.
That's what I was told by John Brittnacher. Did you copy that from the ICPS website? Because it sounds exactly like what he told me when he was over here a couple of weeks ago and he writes most of the stuff for the ICPS website.
markus13 wrote:I'm not sure Dub. I'm hoping to get lucky enough to order one of the small ones from FTS when they're back in stock. I'm sure if Matt knows that he'll help ya with that question when he gets a little time.
John instructed me to feed the smallest ones by putting a couple of osmocote pellets in the pots with them. But the ones I get out of tissue culture are usually large enough to catch insects on their own and don't require feeding.

I put two D. regia in stock right after I created the product entry and they both sold in a matter of minutes. I have a few more hardening off in the greenhouses now and I should be able to put some more in stock soon.
Matt, Matt liked this
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!