FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By antibat
Hello, i recently bought a Sarracenia Tarnok and ive read that they should get full sun and always be on water, but im noticing the tops of the leaves starting to go black. can anyone help me with this?
(i only water it distilled water, i live in south texas where summer heat goes to the 100's temp)
Attachments:
DSC_0415.JPG
DSC_0415.JPG (12.63 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
DSC_0416.JPG
DSC_0416.JPG (31.06 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
By snapperhead51
you may need it to get used to your conditions ,it may take a season to settle in . ,depends where it came from and what conditions it was growing in there , could be it has been soft grown ?? i keep mine in kitty litter trays with a lot of water in them when its hot here in South Australia,its possible with the heat you have now, its just not getting enough water ok !! mine sit in at least 2 to 3 in of rain water 24/7 in summer and i let them drain in winter to flush out the potting mix in the rains of winter ,usually a sarra will Handel the hot sun and temp's with ease , but they need that humidity and water keep up to them to aid there heath , tip burning all so could mean the mix is not right may have some fertiliser in it ?? possible , wrong water , test the water if you can , just because it says its distilled dont mean it is you know , see that before , is why i use my own rain water, possible, the mix you used to pot up the plant ,what did u sue , as not all peat or good to use as well !! , its a process of elimination , as we are not there and can not see or do not have enough info to say first off what it is you did or is going on!!, so go through this list and see what u can find out
ok
J
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!