FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By jamez
Us? This is the American (U.S) trades section.

To sell these individually would take too long and I might not sell all my stock.
By Naja002
jamez wrote:No pics... 200 for the flytraps.
No thanks.

1) I really wouldn't know what I was buying.

2) You've already discounted the package 28% {or more. 300shipped/416(shipping?)= ~28%}. The VFTs with the 6 sundews totals $216 at original asking price, so: $216 - 28% = $155.52 shipped starting point, then subtract the 6 sundews.

3) I googled around on the SWGs. Read around for probably an hour. There is only 1 SWG, but, yes, there is confusion with others. I found absolutely nothing on "Red" SWGs. You are asking $19 each (minus 28% :mrgreen: ) = I have no idea what they actually are, what size or what condition.

So, all things said and done--I have to pass.

Best of Luck. Image
Last edited by Naja002 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jamez
Just because you searched something doesn't mean it's true. Know what you are talking about before you post. There are many SWG's. Here's a quote from David Conner himself:

"The 'Southwest Giants' were part of a number of named clones I got from another CPer a few years ago. Most were red varieties, as well as these SWGs turned out to be."
By Naja002
jamez wrote:Just because you searched something doesn't mean it's true. Know what you are talking about before you post. There are many SWG's. Here's a quote from David Conner himself:

"The 'Southwest Giants' were part of a number of named clones I got from another CPer a few years ago. Most were red varieties, as well as these SWGs turned out to be."
1) You forgot to provide the link so I/we can read it for ourselves in context.

2) That sounds very similar to something I read, and, if it was in the same thread: The original namer of the SWG came right behind them and corrected that statement. As with any official/unofficial cultivar--there is only 1 original = everything else is a clone. So, please: Save it. I'm new to these forums, but that doesn't mean that I'm new. :mrgreen:
By Naja002
jamez wrote:Just because you searched something doesn't mean it's true. Know what you are talking about before you post. There are many SWG's. Here's a quote from David Conner himself:

Here's a thread that I read:

Just what is this South West Giant?

Here's the quote from the originator - popespliff (7th post):
As the person who named Southwest Giant some 10yrs ago i can tell you that it has only been propagated by vegetative methods (by us at Southwest carnivorous Plants) .I expect some people have used its seed and called the offspring SWG.
We sell SWG hybrids but these are labelled so as not to confuse.
Remember that the plants apperance is based on genetic potential and envionmental conditions inc time of year.

Alistair http://WWW.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk
By jamez
SWGS ARE A NUMBER OF NAMED CLONES. THERE IS NO OFFICIAL. THAT DOESN NOT MEAN THERE IS ONE OFFICIAL. I see how you are thinking of that. A bunch of others and one real but its like having a Dentate x Fused Tooth cross and saying only one of them is Dentate x FT. David Conner is pretty reputable.
By Naja002
jamez wrote:SWGS ARE A NUMBER OF NAMED CLONES. THERE IS NO OFFICIAL. THAT DOESN NOT MEAN THERE IS ONE OFFICIAL. I see how you are thinking of that. A bunch of others and one real but its like having a Dentate x Fused Tooth cross and saying only one of them is Dentate x FT. David Conner is pretty reputable.
Yes, jamez, -->Clones. They are all the same plant.

According to popespliff:
As the person who named Southwest Giant some 10yrs ago i can tell you that it has only been propagated by vegetative methods (by us at Southwest carnivorous Plants) .
IE, cloned. There is not "A NUMBER OF NAMED CLONES" of the SWG. They are all clones of the same original plant....or they are not SWGs.

Read your quote of David Conner:
The 'Southwest Giants' were part of a number of named clones I got from another CPer a few years ago. Most were red varieties, as well as these SWGs turned out to be.
He received "a number of named clones"-->Not all SWGs. :mrgreen: Different clones-->"Most were red varieties"......as well as these SWGs turned out to be."

The SWGs that he received were just ONE of the named clones that he received.

Best wishes. Image
By markus13
Don't take it personally Dub, ;) I think that they remove anything that could be taken the wrong way. I have had a few of mine edited or deleted even though I try to be as gentle as possible when disagreeing with anybody on this forum. Everybody takes things differently so they are probably trying to keep things civil just in case your post is misunderstood, or not! :twisted:
Last edited by markus13 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!