FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Sebastian
Um well I want to experience growing all the species of carnivorous plants so if you have any extra seeds or plants can you please send a pm And a SASE
By RL7836
Grey wrote:Please remember that most seeds can be sent worldwide without the need of permits.
While I think this is an accurate statement, seeds cannot be legally brought into USA without a permit.
By RL7836
Grey wrote:In my own experience I've not needed permits, just the correct envelope. It could vary depending on the state you're sending to, though.
Please do not confuse 'not getting caught' with 'doing what is legally required'.

To legally bring seeds into the USA, the individual receiving the seeds must have a permit from Aphis & follow the instructions included with the permit. The permit is available at no cost. Some states (Like CA, FL & HI) may impose additional restrictions but the Aphis permit requirements are for all states.

If you have successfully sent seeds to someone in the USA without proper paperwork, you have placed the individual receiving the seeds at risk for federal prosecution. In the USA (as with most other countries), the person receiving seeds (or plants) is responsible to follow all applicable laws. Ignorance of these laws is irrelevant during prosecution.
RL7836 liked this
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!