FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Myhumminbird
What is the cause of "wavy traps"? I know, I need to post a picture. I wasn't well for awhile, and some of my plants didn't do so well either. The neighbor sprayed weeds on a windy day, and they got pretty dry at least once after my surgery. The plant is a FTS Big Vigorous, and it has a ton of traps, but they are wavy, and don't seem to work, it hasn't caught anything that I can see. My other plants that survived the abuse seem to be recoving well.
By Dubstep13
i as well had a plant putting out wavy traps and some would turn black and die befor they could function... i repotted them and split that plant into 3 cus it was dividing and now its doing good. i checked for root rot and fungi. nothing so idk
By bigred
I think it is lack of light and/or water. I had the issue and I added more light and water and it was fine.
By Nats
bigred wrote:I think it is lack of light and/or water. I had the issue and I added more light and water and it was fine.

I agree with bigred. I think it's more a lack of water issue.
By Matt
Myhumminbird wrote:The neighbor sprayed weeds on a windy day, and they got pretty dry at least once after my surgery.
It could very well be the weed spray. Perhaps Steve will see this thread and share his experience with spraying Dicamba on a very hot day when it volatized and damaged quite a few of his flytraps, causing many of them to have deformed traps.

If you search in the forums for Steve's post about Dicamba, you might be able to find some photos to compare.
Matt liked this
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!