FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
Today i harvested about 2000 or more drosera intermedia 'cuba' seeds ( or at least to my eye, that's how many i think there are!)

So if you are interested in seeds, you can send the $1 dollar via paypal, or you can send it to me via mail!

Send me a PM or something in that way we can arrange! Also my email is found just below this posting, so you can reach me there as well! :)

I will send 100 Intermedia 'Cuba' seeds per packet!

Will be waiting! :)
By David F
Hey man, when I got my packet, all the seeds had fallen into the part with the tape, although it was easy to get the seeds off the tape I think it affected germination greatly, I've had only 2 germinate for me so far :(.
By jht-union
David F wrote:Hey man, when I got my packet, all the seeds had fallen into the part with the tape, although it was easy to get the seeds off the tape I think it affected germination greatly, I've had only 2 germinate for me so far .
I always make sure they stay to the other side of the paper, but my guess is that during transit the seeds move to all sides.
I have changed my packing techniques due to this happening, so is all good now, i don't think this happens very much, the seeds sticking to the tape, or very few. But anyway i have changed my technique and the seeds can't stick to the tape anymore. :)
By David F
Dantt99, drosera intermedia liked to be bathed in water, I would suggest very high humidity, with plenty of breathing room (either fan it out every day, or give the dome or whatever is used to achieve humidity be large) I think water 3/4s up the way of the pot would be very beneficial. I think most peoples issue with germinating drosera probably goes in the categories of using peat moss instead of the superior LFSM or a layer of silica sand (silica sand isn't that important but is always good) plenty, plenty, plenty of water for the first few weeks of germination, consisting of water most of the way up the pot.

Patience! Patience is super important to seeds germinating.

You also might want to keep them away from large temperature fluctuations, and direct sunlight is also a large killer.

A slight temperature drop at night is beneficial, and always make sure to give them plenty of light.
David F liked this
By jht-union
Just keep it simple, something as easy as just putting them in:
wet peat, give sunlight, keep always wet until they germinate, and while they grow start reducing water or they will have root rot. For better results they would greatly benefit from low temps and night!
jht-union liked this
By jht-union
I still have more seeds! :)
I have like 8 more packets each with about 100 seeds or more! ;)

And the people i have send seeds to, please let me know when they arrive, and post pics in here.

Thank you! :)

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, an[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!