FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By moof
Hi,
Is there anyone interested in plants other than VFT's, sarrs, sundews, cephs and neps? Like utricularias, corkscrew plants? These are great plant and looks like not known that well as VFT's are in the US:) Maybe you want to ask questions about them? See pics of some interesting ones from the net? Some of my species put flower stalks so they'llbe flowering soon. Or you want to know why people are cultivating them, even if they're just boring leaves sticking out of the ground?:D (I heard an opinion like that on one of the polish forums haha)
By Ronnie
I've never thought about buying one..
I wouldnt know how to care for it unless it was an easy one..
Who sells them good quality in eu? Might give them a try!

Ron.
By moof
They're generally easy plants, Kamil Pasek is a good source but hey if you'll wait a few weeks, because I'm busy now I'll send you some starters
By Ronnie
kamil pasek charges quite alot for p&p.. not really worth it i think unless buying in bulk..
Some starters would be great moof! PM me, i can give you a little money for some:)

Ronnie.
By moof
Yes, hes got very high postage costs but the plants he sell are always of good quality, and he's got interesting species not avaialble in other shops, and rarely seen in collections. But yes buying in his shop is only worth of it if you buy a larger quantity of plants or you make an order with your friends and share the postage costs. We solve it this way, I order with 5-10 persons and the postage costs are low then.
By stitz25b
U WANT A RARE CP!?!
triphyophyllum peltatum!
native to the ivory coast
biggest yet least cultivated cp!
By limeslide
stitz25b wrote:U WANT A RARE CP!?!
triphyophyllum peltatum!
native to the ivory coast
biggest yet least cultivated cp!
Not the biggest, Nepenthes vines can reach over 20 ft ;)
I don't think It's even available to the public, no one has ever grown it besides some college campus in Germany and a Floristic Center in Côte d'Ivoire.
http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq5565.html
By moof
Tripyophyllum's carnivorous "wine"-thing can reach up to 40-50 meters based on CP books (some say 30 meters, some even 90 but I really doubt it), so I think it'll be the biggest CP. Definitely not available, needs lots of place, some people are growing it though, I think someone in the Czech republic has got it - Kamil Flisek maybe

Peter
By limeslide
Ah, I haven't really read about them (they look boring XD) but wow, that's a big plant! I congratulate those few who have grown it (seems people DID grow them at one point...). :U
By Grey
I grew a Utric once. It got attacked by mold and died; commonplace in my home it would seem. The issue has subsided now though but I am loathed to try another one.

I find U. Sandisonii (spelling?) a very pretty little plant. If I did get another one, I'd get one of these.

Also, moved this other carnivorous plants/general cp discussions.
By limeslide
Here's a few pics of a few "other" CPs in my collection.

Genlisea violacea 'Giant'

Utricularia tricolor

Utricularia calycifida

Utricularia inflata Green Swamp, NC

Utricularia graminifolia

I have a few more, but I forgot to take pictures of them. :P

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!