FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By victor
Thats a nepenthes not a flytrap. Nepenthes produce lots of fluids in there pitchers to digest prey.
By Shimizoki
victor wrote:Thats a nepenthes not a flytrap. Nepenthes produce lots of fluids in there pitchers to digest prey.
Mybe not a venus flytrap, but Its possible to be classified as one because it does infact trap flies. Thats probably what the original poster was talking about weeks ago.
Shimizoki liked this
By Darkrai283
nicolasanissimov wrote:As above, i would prefer sarracenia variety because i already have the proper soil for them, but any other kind will do
There isn't really a proper growing mix for any plant. Its just that some plants prefer to be kept in airier soils, waterlogged soils etc.
And firt you have to understand which plant is which. The video you are showing shows a nepenthes sibuyanensis (Correct me if im wrong) and in your first post, it says that you want a saracenia and sarracenia and nepenthes are completely different plants. Even if you wanted a nepenthes instead of a sarracenia, neps have two conditions which they have to be grown in in order to survive. Lowland plants need conditions of releatively high temps (20c to 28c) and Highland plants need relatively cool temps but not cold. If you want a sarracenia that gets water in their pitchers, get a s.purpurea as they are good for beginners.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!