FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Dionae
Hello everyone. I have a lil extra if a couple people are interested. Sorry for the crappy pics but they have pretty light purple flowers. Theres enough for 2 people so the first 2 to post here get them. All i'd need is shipping which would be $5 for a small flat rate box or I could do a small bubble envelope if you think it will be okay and that shouldn't cost more than a couple dollars :) .

First 2 to post just PM me.
Attachments:
How i'm keeping mine
How i'm keeping mine
DSCF1715.JPG (86.59 KiB) Viewed 5232 times
The clump I have to spare
The clump I have to spare
DSCF1716.JPG (91.53 KiB) Viewed 5232 times
Flower
Flower
DSCF1719.JPG (46.19 KiB) Viewed 5232 times
Dionae liked this
By Shimizoki
Dionae wrote:I know these aren't that popular. Just had a lil extra so I thought i'd see if anyone wanted any. If noone wants them i'll just repot them, which I was trying to avoid, and keep them:).
its not that I'm not a fan... I just dont understand them. All the little bladder things (thats this plant right?). Also I have so many plants coming in next week... I dont know if I can handle anymore just yet.
By Dionae
Yes, its a bladderwort. Honestly, i've never seen the bladders in action because i've had them in just peat and sand. I just repotted a clump into a net pot and put that in a clear plastic cup filled with water so I could actually view the bladders. Hopefully in a few weeks I can post some macros of the traps:).
By bananaman
I put a macro of my U. bisqumata bladders using the same setup in the photo contest.
The problem is that it will start growing stolons on the bladders if they are in the light (you can see the stolons as horizontal things in my picture)

Nice job on getting a large-flowered clone, mine has TINY WHITE flowers like 1/16" long.....
bananaman liked this
By Shimizoki
Dubstep13 wrote:what can i do with it how does it catch and eat bugs??? lol
It has tiny bladders that that have all the air vacuumed out. when something touches a hair at the mouth it opens sucking whatever is nearby in. However unlike Flytrap where the traps are an inch long... these traps might only be 1mm. Also the catch happens in 1/1000 of a second, so you will never see it happen. Also I read that 80% of them grown in very very wet dirt. However the other 20% do in fact grow in water.
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!