FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By David F
So you have the unique seed grown which are typical, and then you just have the typicals that you sell. Are those seed grown as well, or are they plants you've seen before you liked because of some reason and you decided those would be sold as the regular typicals (maybe a few variations set out in TC [typicals nonetheless]). In other words were did the non-seed grown typicals come from, and if they are seed grown, do you just keep them seperate because of the quality of some of the plants.

Sort of like when I suggested making a sale of "outstanding typicals" Since I'm not exactly sure what constitutes as a typical that was grown from seed, and a unique, possibly further away from typical but not nearly so much as to earn a name.

Sorry I blabbered, let me know if I made sense lol

Thanks

David-
By Steve_D
For the FlytrapStore.com generic ("typical") Venus Flytrap, we choose from among several very common clones or from unnamed Venus Flytraps received from one source or another. For example, I have some "Robust Typical" Venus Flytraps that are divisions and clones that I might use.

So the "Venus Flytrap" is likely to be a common or unnamed clone, while the "Unique Seed-Grown Venus Flytrap" is chosen from among the many seedlings we have raised now to maturity or near maturity.
Steve_D liked this
By David F
OKay thanks, so in other words, two people ordering a typical (not the seed grown option) could get the same plant, or do you not tissue culture the typicals, just whatever shows up that wasn't named and wasn't exciting?

Thanks! :P
By Steve_D
David F wrote:in other words, two people ordering a typical (not the seed grown option) could get the same plant
That's correct. The "typical" generic Venus Flytraps we sell are much more often than not a Flytrap clone of some kind produced from division or tissue culture, while the seed-grown plants are grown from seed germinated either in vitro (sterile containers) or "the old fashioned way," and then grown to young-maturity before offering them for sale.
Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!