FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By dantt99
I just ordered a Jaws, an FTS Maroon Monster, and 2 pots for them. I got the Maroon Monster because it's a nice plant, and a Jaws from all the praise here at FTC :D
Matt or Steve, whoever fills the order, how big is the Maroon Monster, it doesn't mention size on the product page....?
Thanks FTS, you guys rock! :mrgreen:
By Steve_D
dantt99 wrote:how big is the Maroon Monster, it doesn't mention size on the product page
We are selling all of the initial supply of FTS Maroon Monster at a fixed price regardless of size. However, we waited until we had a fairly generous amount of "larger than small" plants before selling them at FlytrapStore.com. Fortunately, the Maroon Monster grows so fast and so large that it wasn't difficult to build up a nice initial supply for sale.

With respect to the FTS Maroon Monster Venus Flytraps, for each order that comes in we choose from among the best, most developed plants we have at the time. That means that the first customers receive the largest plants, and subsequent orders are filled with the largest plants remaining. Your order will be shipped from the Flytrap Store New Mexico location on Tuesday, May 31, and I think you'll be happy with the plants you receive. :D
Steve_D liked this
By dantt99
Thanks for all the helpful information Steve!
Steve_D wrote:Your order will be shipped from the Flytrap Store New Mexico location on Tuesday, May 31, and I think you'll be happy with the plants you receive.
Yes! I've not received an order from you before, and am happy to (after this) have orders from both locations of FTS :D
jht-union wrote:Congratulations Dantt99!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see them when they're well potted in their new home!

Good luck!
Thanks, I'll get pics up on Thursday or Friday when they arrive :D
By Daniel_G
Sweet! You'll definetly get some great plants! And i too can't wait to see them potted up and snapping!

Congrats!
Daniel_G liked this
By Matt
dantt99 wrote:Yes! I've not received an order from you before, and am happy to (after this) have orders from both locations of FTS :D
I'm sure you'll be impressed with the size and quality of the plants you get from Steve. His plants are about 2 months ahead of mine now and in full summer growth mode with the intense sun and heat that he's been having down there in New Mexico.

My plants still look similar to what they did about 1.5 months ago when they just started breaking dormancy :( And the 10 day forecast shows that it's not supposed to get into the 70s even. Jeez...winter HAS to break sometime up here. I actually enjoy the temperature myself, but the plants sure don't want to grow when it's this cool.
Matt liked this
By David F
Matt, it snowed last night, I know where you are coming from, when I got steve's plants I was very surprised. I recently ordered a Mature Dentate, and Mature B52, which location will they be coming from? What are the sizes like, if I may ask?
By Matt
David F wrote:I recently ordered a Mature Dentate, and Mature B52, which location will they be coming from?
Those will be coming from Steve. I'm not listing any mature plants yet because, although they ARE mature, they sure don't look like it yet due to the cool weather. Another month (hopefully) and the weather will warm up and I'll be able to start listing more plants for sale as they put out some good growth and look nicer.
By dantt99
Matt I have a quick question. What do you guys do if only one of you has the plant listed. Like say someone orders a young B52 and a Mature Dentate. What if you only have one, and Steve only has the other. do you avoid listing when only one person has the plant...
By Matt
dantt99 wrote:What do you guys do if only one of you has the plant listed. Like say someone orders a young B52 and a Mature Dentate. What if you only have one, and Steve only has the other. do you avoid listing when only one person has the plant...
That rarely happens, but it does occur from time to time. If that happens, we'll have to pay shipping twice. But in most cases, Steve and I have overlapping inventory and either of us can fill all of the order.
Matt liked this
By dantt99
Okay, thanks for letting me know
By David F
So when you guys put something in stalk, its more representantive of what you have? Not what you actually have? That is very interesting, you must grow most of the same things and in large quantities. How many B52s do you deflask these days?
By Matt
David F wrote:So when you guys put something in stalk, its more representantive of what you have? Not what you actually have?
Sorry, but I don't understand this question.
David F wrote:How many B52s do you deflask these days?
Just a few from time to time. I already have perhaps several hundred (maybe close to 1000) growing in my greenhouse so I don't really need any more right now. But most of them aren't sale size yet. But whenever I want to, I can propagate a lot of B52s now that I have it in sterile culture.
By Steve_D
David F wrote:So when you guys put something in stalk, its more representantive of what you have? Not what you actually have?
Whatever is in stock at FlytrapStore.com at any particular time is only a small number of the very many plants Matt and I have growing in our greenhouses, in our indoor artificial-light growing areas, and in Matt's case, in tissue culture racks.

The plants generally grow for a fairly long time before we consider them ready for sale. We have plants from the beginning of FlytrapStore.com (over 2 years growing) that we still don't consider ready for sale yet. :)
By David F
I think Steve got the question Matt, sorry I could have phrased it better.

I just meant, that you put plants in stock, because you know you ahve at least that many, and then when they start getting sold you can keep determining how many and which ones are sale size etc.

Bag them for a month, opening the bag every day or[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!