FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By rhopkins
I got this plant in the mail with which it looks like is ready to bloom. The plant is not in real good shape after its trip through the mail. Couple of dying traps but there is new growth that is real green. See photo... :)
Attachments:
20110521-DSC_1791.jpg
20110521-DSC_1791.jpg (12.58 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
By Matt
The amount of time before those blooms open depends somewhat on the conditions in which the plant is growing. If it's really warm and sunny, those blooms will probably open in a week or 10 days. If it's cool and rainy, it would probably take longer.

If the plant has recently been uprooted and shipped to you, you might consider cutting the flower stalk off so that the plant can spend energy re-establishing its root system and putting out new growth instead of flowering.
By rhopkins
I have decided to do as you suggested and remove the bloom to give the plant a break. It is in my greenhouse where the average temp is 95 and the humidity is maintained at 70 percent. Though about sticking the bloom stalk in some peat mix and see if it will root. Am I crazy to try this :?: Thanks for giving me the insight on the bud anyway :)
Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!