FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
I was in my greenhouse today, and i saw this beauty, it immediately came to mind FTS maroon monster because it looks like it, it has the green margin in the corners with green, and the rest is red, it has exactly the same teeth. Only thing i found different is that the leaf is long at least for this one, but other leafs are more wide not like this one, while the fts maroon monster has more robst wide leaves. I will have to look more closely. But it certainly looks like FTS maroon monster.

Pic of the VFT

A comparison with the FTS maroon monster from matt/steve:

This pic, sorry to be very observant, it looks like leah holding the plant, by the look of the hands, they don't appear to be men's hands, also i can see the wedding ring, and the belt is not that wide, the jacket appears to be made out of cotton maybe, or some kind of animal, cowboy clothes is it? ;)

Mine is fairly small compare to the ones above.
Matt or steve, let me know what you think about it!
By Daniel_G
I think the main part of the leaf (Forgot it's proper name :oops:) Is slightly longer and thinner, tho' it may just be spring growth.

Either way, tou have a really nice plant there!
By Steve_D
Jht-union, it's possible that your plant is an FTS Maroon Monster although there's no way to tell for sure without a plant label. A few of the many red-leaved Venus Flytraps from seed (some germinated by Matt in tissue culture) that Matt and I shipped during the last year or so might have been the clone that we now call FTS Maroon Monster, before that clone grew and matured enough that we realized it was special and gave it a name. There were a lot of other red-leafed Venus Flytraps that we grew and shipped too though, so there is no way to tell for sure. That said, your red-leafed plant looks great!
Steve_D liked this
By jht-union
Thanks steve, this is one of the babies among the 350 babies that i received from matt, there are some really nice ones, pics to come soon! ;)
By victor
It does look like a maroon monster actually.
By jht-union
stry67 wrote:Your growing 350? Wow....
Hehe, i have about 350 almost 3 year old VFT's along with some 150 baby vft's 1 year old and some 130 baby vft's about 7 months old along with some probably i would say 50 VFT's that are either mature, or are reaching maturity. ;)
minus take some 20 or so vft's that have probably died and i haven't notice, i have not have any deaths so far, only one vft and it was a cupped trap :(

They don't take too much space! :) (for the moment hehe :lol:)
By Matt
As Steve mentioned, it very well could be a Maroon Monster. I propagated a few red seedlings quite a bit and Maroon Monster was one of them. I had a lot of small ones and sold them as baby red flytraps before Maroon Monster was selected out as a superior flytrap clone and named. There's no way to tell at this point for sure if it is a Maroon Monster, but regardless, it looks to be a great flytrap :)
Matt liked this
By jht-union
It looks fantastic, i haven't done TC yet, here's a good way to prove how fast they can grow in media, and if it is or not a maroon monster.
Thanks matt!

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!