FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By grant
so i originally bought a bail of LFSM. but do you guys think peat moss is easier to manipulate?
i.e. - when repotting, the LFSM takes some fanagling (technical term) to get it where i want it to be

it seems like, because peat moss is more broken down, it would be easier to move around and such.
By Matt
Most people just use LFSM as a top dressing. It's easier to plant them in peat moss and the top dress with LFSM to prevent the rain from splattering (technical term) the peat all over the plants. It also helps keep the perlite (if you use it) from floating to the top.
By grant
eeeehhhhh. very nice (insert Borat voice here).
By grant
good. thats what i was going for :D Sacha Baron Cohen is great. i got your email. thanks alot. you are a good guy. thats for sure.
By James
Personally, I use 100% peat moss in my plant pots (except cacti ones). I've never tried or been able to find any perlite or whatever you guys call it ;)

Works fine for me. Great for when your repotting too! Just dip the dirt in water and it falls away.. Makes things really easy.
By linton
I used long fiber sphagnum moss in my terrarium with a layer of charcoal at the bottom, but I found the moss difficult to control as it seemed to grow faster than my fly traps and I was forever trimming it or pushing it away. I have since removed my plants from the terrarium and potted them in peat / sand 3:1 mix, and used the sphagnum as a living mulch as Matt suggested. I have noticed a big improvement in the growth rate of my plants - I don't know if this is a direct result of the change in substrate, or because of the move outdoors.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!