FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By stry67
Got my order from this supplier today and to be short, I won't be ordering from them again. I placed my order with them the same time I placed a order with the guys here at VFTcare. This retailer is in MD which is 1 state from me and they charged me double shipping that VFTcare did and actually shipped the very same method and size box. I received their order a day after the VFTcare's order arrived. So for the exact same box and shipping method, I paid double and got it a day after VFTcare's order arrived. The pictures of the plants that I got and planted from VFTcare can be found here, http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/got-m ... 10717.html. These plants from CPN are so small that I can't tell if they are what I ordered or just 2 typicals. Mind you, these werent cheap, 12 bucks each. In all my pictures, i used the same red, plastic cap from a 2-liter bottle of soda.Sighs...

The following are pictures of the 2 plants I got from CPN.

Fused tooth (hopefully)

paradisa (hopefully)
stry67 liked this
By dantt99
Haha, well they will still grow into nice plants, but that's why ordering from FTS is such a great idea! :P Anyways, the Fused tooth "(Hopefully)" :lol: is a nice clone and will look nice once it grows out :D
By frog
Yeah I got plants from the same seller CPN I thought they were going to be way better then I ended up with. The price was crazy they got high reviews other then price. Some of the plants I got seemed weird like they had rot on the outer layer with the outside traps already dead before they sent even them. I think the plants I got from them might not of been in growing media just setting and waiting for shipping. And shipping cost a ton and it's very slow never again for me.
By DTDream18
They used to be a lot better years ago. They were always expensive and the shipping costs were definately a ripoff. But at least they sent nice large plants. I bought two B52's from them a few months ago and they were so tiny that I almost requested a refund. They recently sent me a free Fang VFT completely out of the blue which completely surprised me. Even after that my days of ordering from Carnivorous Plant Nursery are definately over.
By DTDream18
I ordered medium sized B52's. But they were tiny and in bad condition. I was extremely disapointed to say the least.
By Entomophage
I was asking the OP. Those look like pretty run-of-the-mill for what CPN sends when you order a "small" sized plant. Never bothered me.
By stry67
I ordered small. In a series of emails with the owner, he stated they were 3 years old. I found that hard to believe and with the outrageous shipping charge, I have asked for half a refund. I think that's reasonable considering the size of the plants. If I had known that's the size of the plants I was going to receive, there's no way I would have paid that price for them.
By Nats
I live in MD, so have been tempted to order from this place.
Glad I read these posts first ! :)
By spruill771
I happen to like CPN. I know the guy who owns it so I get pretty good deals. I am fixing to order the following plants from them:

1 VFT Dente-small
1 VFT Red Dragon-small
1 S. flava-medium
1 S. leucophylla-small
1 Heliamphora minor-small
1 D. binata-small
2 P. moranensis-small
1 U. gibba-small
1 G. lobata x violacea-small

I went with a "Customer Special Request", so I only have to pay $80.95 for it all.....
That does include shipping.....:)
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!