FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Cleanshoes
So i got this kit it it supplied me with 2 seeds a planter made out of clay sand and seed pellet also a information book .After i got it told me to but it in the refrigerator in stuff but i skip that part because i heard that it can still grow without putting through a cold time so i put all the sand and seed pellet together and place the seeds and then i put the planter inside a cup and on the top was plastic so the sun can get in and covered it all , i also use alkalized water would the seed grow?
By snapperhead51
HHMM why did you not get a heap of seed and instruction for the fly trap store ?? you mite get better results !, but look, use rain water too water the mix ,and in full sun is fine even up to 60% sun is fine , is it spring or autumn there ?? dont know where you are ?? germinate my FVT seed in a green house seems to work well for me !!
J
snapperhead51 liked this
By Cleanshoes
I'm in California and I'm also wondering that my cup is not the kind you can see through so should I replace it with a glass cup where more sunlight can get through?If the alkilized water doesn't work can I just leave it outside for 24hours and use it for my seed?
By snapperhead51
the container dont matter much really its just the amount of sun that is on the top of the mix where the seed is ! light to the sides is not needed !! not sure why your are refering to alkaline water ?? is there some think that has been telling you this ?? nutrel water or rain water only !! tap water in no good unless its very low in ppm same as rain water quality the only way to know this is to test it !!
J
snapperhead51 liked this
By Cleanshoes
to i give it rain water twice a month ? cause it doesn't really rain a lot here,Is it too late for the seed because ive been using alkilined water for 2 days
Last edited by Cleanshoes on Sat May 07, 2011 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By snapperhead51
ok sorry but the mix or strata your using will need to be keep wet to very moist at all times it induce the germination of the seed !! may be you were referring to de-mineralised water perhaps ?? that will be ok , we all so call that R O water reverse osmosis water will help you situation
J
Not what you would expect...

@andynorth, trust me. I did not tarry very long[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!