FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By dantt99
Matt wrote:They're quite different actually. H. nutans gets quite large, whereas H. minor stays smaller. H. minor usually gets nice coloration and fairly well-formed nectar spoons compared to H. nutans.
After hearing that, I think I'm going to stick with my instincts :D . I like the look of Minor better, it's IMO a prettier plant, since it colors up nice and after looking some more the Minor does seem to color up a bit more :D Will both be priced the same?? Also what's your favorite? Thanks!
By HarrisAz
great helis Matt!!

How old are they?

looks darn cute regarding its size and shape!!
By Matt
dantt99 wrote:Will both be priced the same??
They'll both probably be priced the same, but we haven't set prices for sure yet.
dantt99 wrote:Also what's your favorite?
I like H. minor the best of the two.
HarrisAz wrote:great helis Matt!!

How old are they?
Thanks Harris! They're only about 5 months out of TC.
Matt liked this
By HarrisAz
what helis are them?

it looks fat and big though just 5months old from TC.

and whats the mixture of the soil?
By Matt
HarrisAz wrote:what helis are them?
The ones in the photo are H. minor.
HarrisAz wrote:it looks fat and big though just 5months old from TC.
HarrisAz wrote:and whats the mixture of the soil?
This time I used 3 parts silica sand, 3 parts perlite, 2 parts peat, 2 parts orchid bark.
Matt liked this
By dantt99
Matt wrote:They'll both probably be priced the same, but we haven't set prices for sure yet.
Cool, thanks for the info!
Matt wrote:I like H. minor the best of the two.
Me too! :D
One more question, are they sensitive to re-potting like Cephalotus, and if you get a young one will it be required to ship potted or can you also get it bare-rooted??
By Matt
dantt99 wrote:One more question, are they sensitive to re-potting like Cephalotus, and if you get a young one will it be required to ship potted or can you also get it bare-rooted??
They seem not to be terribly sensitive to repotting like the Cephalotus are. But since they're a bit challenging to grow, we're planning on shipping them potted in order to ensure the best chance of success for growers.
Matt liked this
By dantt99
Matt wrote:But since they're a bit challenging to grow, we're planning on shipping them potted in order to ensure the best chance of success for growers.
I was thinking about ordering it with a pot anyway, but if that's the option, then it locks in my decision! Thanks! :D
By Matt
I can't say for sure when they'll be ready. Some of them perished during transplant. Others look very good still and some even appear to be growing a bit. I'm going to give them at least another week. And then I'm going out of town for a bit, so it will likely be two weeks before they'll be added to the store and put in stock.
By jamez
Not trying to be rude and hope I don't sound it... You whining won't just make a plant appear in someones collection and they give it to you. You are in another country, and you asked for something free which each reduces your chances a bit. Just be patient and you might get an offer. If you see a lot of sumer users getting things more often it's just chance. It just happened more frequently. Hope you get the plant!
By dantt99
jamez wrote:You whining won't just make a plant appear in someones collection and they give it to you. You are in another country, and you asked for something free which each reduces your chances a bit.
Are you talking about stitz25B or the heli people?
All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

rotted S. purpurea rhizome??

www.hccarnivorousplants.co.uk Wow. I wish we […]

SASE is winging its way to you as we speak. Thanks[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!