FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
I have to say I was luckier than most throughout COVID-19 with our old friend. The incredibly late packages and lost packages never reached my doorstep. My priority shipments always arrived on time, etc.

Until this last week. In this last week alone I've had 3 late packages (one was a trade and the receiver's package was late too) and a recent one that's so far made it about 45 minutes away.

Is it Christmas or is something else going on? Feeling like Priority is just a waste of money right now :/
Panman liked this
By Nepenthes0260
I shipped out five packages of plants this Monday, and so far all of them have made it to their destinations. I haven’t shipped out a single plant that’s been crazily delayed throughout the whole covid pandemic. The longest a package I sent was just under a week, and the petiolaris drosera I was shipping came just fine. Personally I haven’t had any problems, but have heard of some friends who have had major delays. I’ve received a few plants that were having terrible delays though, a Ceph TC once took two weeks to arrive this summer. Luckily they were in-vitro so I was able to recover them from their slight etiolation.
By Apollyon
Hoping to see some progress with it but we're going into the weekend soon. So unless it makes a move here tomorrow, it'll likely sit in the post office Sunday. They're pinguicula so I'm sure they'll be fine but why pay priority for first-class? I paid priority and received first class at the same time. It's a racket man lol
By Adelae
I've done okay with it so far...but I still have one tab open to usps tracking and one tab open to the weather so I can obsessively check the progress of the three things I sent yesterday against the nighttime lows, lol.
By jose
It’s the holidays
By Matt
Definitely a little slow for us this week too. I sent an order of FTS Venus flytrap seeds on November 30th via First-Class Mail and the customer emailed me today to let me know they haven't received them yet. Sometimes it can take over 2 weeks for first-class mail to be delivered, but that seems to be rare most of the year. Things are definitely slowing down with USPS right now though...
By Apollyon
Yeah, I checked just now and there's no movement at all on any of them. One actually arrived in the destination city yesterday so it's just sitting there. I looked into it some and read about the "reform" the postmaster general is trying to implement. After getting sued by numerous states, he decided he'd hold back on implementing his new policies until "after the election." So it's possible they're playing stupid games in December.
By MikeB
I just shipped a Sarracenia x 'Dixie Lace' to Matt via USPS Priority Mail. I dropped it at the Post Office around noon on Monday, and it arrived at Matt's house around 3 PM on Saturday. That was supposed to be a 3-day trip, and it took 6 days instead.
By Matt
MikeB wrote:I just shipped a Sarracenia x 'Dixie Lace' to Matt via USPS Priority Mail. I dropped it at the Post Office around noon on Monday, and it arrived at Matt's house around 3 PM on Saturday. That was supposed to be a 3-day trip, and it took 6 days instead.
Yep, got it this evening, thanks Mike! I also had an order that shipped last Saturday and was just delivered today (Saturday, 7 days later) as well and it was shipping from the SF Bay area!!!
By Apollyon
Well after I sent an "inquiry" I noticed the tracking updated on my packages and two of them arrived today. I have a heliamphora I'm waiting on that is late though, idk what to expect with that when it arrives. I was just glad to hear my packages survived the delays. I'm still pretty green with shipping
By MikeB
Matt wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:40 am
MikeB wrote:I just shipped a Sarracenia x 'Dixie Lace' to Matt via USPS Priority Mail. I dropped it at the Post Office around noon on Monday, and it arrived at Matt's house around 3 PM on Saturday. That was supposed to be a 3-day trip, and it took 6 days instead.
Yep, got it this evening, thanks Mike! I also had an order that shipped last Saturday and was just delivered today (Saturday, 7 days later) as well and it was shipping from the SF Bay area!!!
This is what happens when you defund the postal service....
Panman, Matt liked this

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!