FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Rmac88
Man this thread and your project in general was impressive to say the least. I read the entire thread (wayyy past when I should have gone to sleep :P). I love your dedication and it appears all your hard work really paid off, those plants look amazing!
By Naja002
Isabelle wrote:Wow, quite impressive! Enjoyed your pics alot! Keep them coming! Like the "before/after" pics especially! What are the cultivars in there? Are the red ones FTS Marron Monster?
Thanx! That pot has Fang and FTS Crimson Sawtooth. Here's a couple pots with FTS Maroon Monsters:

FTS Maroon Monsters, Big Mouth, FTS Etna, Cupped trap, Royal Red:

FTS Maroon Monsters, Vigorous:

Matt wrote:Great looking plants Naja! Thanks for posting the update :)
Thanx, Matt! ImageImage

Rmac88 wrote:Man this thread and your project in general was impressive to say the least. I read the entire thread (wayyy past when I should have gone to sleep :P). I love your dedication and it appears all your hard work really paid off, those plants look amazing!

Thanx! Image

Fang, Akia Ryu, B52, Cezch Giant, Jaws:

Cezch Giant, Big Mouth, Dutch Delight, Red Piranha, Dutch:

FTS Crimson Sawtooth, Fang:

FTS Etna, ?, Low Giant, Holland Red:

Vigorous, Sawtooth:

Bohemian Garnet, Cezch Giant:

Red Piranha, Jaws, Cupped trap:

Green Dragon, Paradisia, Fuzzy Tooth, Shark's Teeth:

I have a lot more pots to post pictures of, but that's it for now...Image
By Naja002
Hey Everybody,

I haven't forgotten about pix of the other pots, but wanted to share these real quick. Don't be too hard on the photos...they are through a screen, a dirty window and about 25x zoom. :mrgreen:

I knew last year and the year before that I had a squatter. Last year I thought maybe 2. This year I was thinking maybe 2 (so far). Seems like it's turning into a party though:

^^^Weeeeelllllll, I just noticed #4 and marked it with the red arrows. :mrgreen:
Naja002 liked this
By Brildayr
I love it!

You need a sign that says something like "Bugeaters Only Pool Area".

or

Bugeaters
Members Only
Brildayr liked this
By Naja002
LAKJP wrote:I like them! :D
:mrgreen: Not sure whether I do or not, but they do not seem to cause any issues with the plants, so I'm inclined to leave them be...

Brildayr wrote:I love it!

You need a sign that says something like "Bugeaters Only Pool Area".

or

Bugeaters
Members Only

That's my main concern: They they are eating all of the plant food! :mrgreen:

Just some more pix:

A2, Dente, Creasted Petioles, Royal Red:

Slim Snapper, Korean Melody Shark, FTS Crimson Sawtooh (?):

B52, Pink Venus:
What's very odd with this pot ^^^ is that after a rain...there was a sudden die-off of the Pink Venus. Also, major damage to certain types in 2 other pots. Not sure if it was from all of the pollen in the air, or a super acid rain, or what. At this point I am still not sure of the damage: It seems as though there was certainly a leaf die-off, but some of the rhizomes are ok and producing new leaves. VERY strange to me...

Red Piranha, Vigorous, FTS Maroon Monster:

Seed Grown, Czech Giant, Jaws:

Royal Red, ETNA, Cupped Trap, FTS Maroon Monster, Big Mouth:

Grun, Bristletooh, Big Vigorous, Spider, BZ Razorback:

Crossed Teeth, Fine ToothxRed, Longred Finger, Shark's Teeth, Fused Tooth, Justina Davis, Low Giant:
This is another pot that sustained damage from the rain. The FTxR, LRFs, Crossed Teeth, etc all had a major die-off of the leaves. They are coming back, BUT they looked very good before...

Decided to give myself a visual list/reference and Lettered the non-experimental pots. Won't do much good come spring of next year when I repot and separate larger groups of plants into their own pots, but will work for now:

Also, at this point I am not sure what I am going to do: However, I am and have been thinking about building and transferring all of this to a 2" x 10" (or 12" or maybe 8") by x Ft setup 3 pots wide...and turning the Planter Bog into a Tilapia grow-out setup...add 4 more courses to the Planter area, a pond liner....really would not be too expense or too much work. But, again, not sure what I am going to do. Too many unrelated ducks to try to get in a row over here, so I'll keep tossing it and other things around... :twisted:

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!