FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By YDK
So im receiving my darlingtonia this afternoon.They are from Hongkong i suppose.Is there anything special I have to do to acclimate them to my growing condition?
By YDK
I don't think so :)).It was from a nursery there and I think they have the permission to send plants overseas
Attachments:
bad shape ?
bad shape ?
30531295_908340112684557_2044654116524785664_n.jpg (29.71 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
By nimbulan
Nothing illegal about shipping plants internationally, just depends on the sending and receiving countries what permits and paperwork are required. Darlingtonia are not CITES-listed so that doesn't come into play.

In any case, it looks like the plant was grown in fairly low light before judging by the color, so I'd go a bit easy on it to start. That may indicate that it's a TC plant as well so it would be best to start it off in high humidity and adjust it slowly to normal conditions.
By carelerasmus
nimbulan wrote:Nothing illegal about shipping plants internationally, just depends on the sending and receiving countries what permits and paperwork are required. Darlingtonia are not CITES-listed so that doesn't come into play.

In any case, it looks like the plant was grown in fairly low light before judging by the color, so I'd go a bit easy on it to start. That may indicate that it's a TC plant as well so it would be best to start it off in high humidity and adjust it slowly to normal conditions.
Oh okei! So I could probably order a plant from The USA ? I live in South Africa, I'm not sure about what is permitted here though!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
By YDK
They're in a big white pot now as I think a bigger pot will heat up more slowly.I also put the original pot that they were shipped in into the bigger one(slack potting?).The growing medium is chopped sphagnum moss with alot of perlite and silica sand to aid drainage,let's hope they'll live =)
Attachments:
20180412_123559.jpg
20180412_123559.jpg (3.82 MiB) Viewed 1687 times
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!