FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D
jkochuni wrote:I used the following setup... Canon Powershot S3 IS with Raynox Microscopic Lens Model M-250 around three inches from subject.

http://www.amazon.com/Raynox-Macro-Scan ... B0002YBXBY

I always try and take pictures on an overcast day and have the camera on continuous shooting with tripod.

Thanks, Jason. That Raynox lens looks really neat, and it looks like it might work with my Olympus camera, and it's a reasonable price! :)

If you have your camera set in continuous mode, do you use a remote control to trigger the shutter button, or set a time delay in the camera before it trips the shutter the first time, while you hold the shutter button down with a finger?

Why an overcast day? For more light diffusion and less harsh highlights and shadows?

Thanks for all the information. Photography is fun to learn about. :P
By jkochuni
Steve_D wrote:If you have your camera set in continuous mode, do you use a remote control to trigger the shutter button, or set a time delay in the camera before it trips the shutter the first time, while you hold the shutter button down with a finger?

Why an overcast day? For more light diffusion and less harsh highlights and shadows?

Thanks for all the information. Photography is fun to learn about. :P
Overcast days allow your subjects not to be overwhelmed with shadows and harsh lighting. You can always bring a portable canopy with you to diffuse light when taking pictures of plants on cloudless days. I do use a remote control for triggering the shutter. I would highly recommend the Raynox lens, because it has worked wonders for me, and it is a good starter lens for the price. :)
By Aging_Bourbon
wow! what amazing pictures...

allen,
By mkburleson
Your 'Pink Venus' are such good looking plants. I have some & they are doing well but they do not have near the color of yours. They have had some good growth from last year to this & I cannot wait to see how good their color is this year.

I have recently orderd a few from Steve D. They should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Mary :)

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!