FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By sipecsus
has anyone ever grown this plant b4???? when i first got mine it was the size of a quarter, now its almost as big in diameter as the pot i have it in. but as the plant grows new leaves it pushes the older leaves down into the peat. ive noticed new little plants growing from the old leaf???? :) its freakin amazing, ill hopefully be posting some pictures of my plants real soon!
By Aging_Bourbon
Ah.. pinguicula premiflora or in other words the Primrose Butterwort.. a great plant one of the easiest (to me) hahaha

allen,
By watnazn
I bought this once. It actually grew really well for me at first. What I did was buy it, then leave it in a terrarium without water, but the soil stayed moist over the winter season, It grew like crazy, so I took leaf cuttings and got two strikes, then the mother died because I over watered or pulled too many leaves, Then both the babies died because I abused them and either under watered or just left them. Thats unfortunate because its a nice plant lol. Well, I might think of getting another one later and try again.

They do grow from leaf cuttings very nice though.
By bpullin
Yeah, they are crazy easy. I thought I lost mine over winter when the temp dropped below 20F. But one survived. Now thanks to the leaf sprouts there are almost a dozen. I need to move some of them to a new pot.
By marvin1997
Is it P.primuliflora?The do have produce babies on their leaves but they'll rot (very easily,one of mine died this way)if the medium is too wet :cry:
What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!