FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Jonathan_
Hello everyone,

I have been making a dedicated NC Bog with plants with location data of the area. I have pretty much "almost everything" as far as Sarrs and Sundews go. I am missing a few things though. I am missing the Pinguicula's to complete my bog. Does anyone have any private land in NC that has naturally wild growing Pings on it? If so I would like some seed if it is possible and legal to do? I am in Canada. I have looked all over for these specific Pings. I have seen some but they didn't have location of NC.

Regards,
Jonathan
By Bawesomer123
P. pumila is a NC state-endangered plant, so that's out. P. caerula and P. lutea are the only other NC natives of Pinguicula. I know Bruce from Lee's Botanical Gardens carries both P. caerula and P. lutea, and sometimes he does have collection data. Otherwise I can't really think of anyone who sells the Southeastern American Pinguicula. I think it's because most of them are pretty-short lived annuals which need to be constantly re-propagated from seed, which is a pain for a commercial business, but fortunate for you, as they do readily produce seed.
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!