FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By chomato
It's been about a week since twitcher's giveaway plants arrived, and they're settling in quite nicely! Ironically, capensis seems to be struggling more than both burmannii and spat/tokai, but I know it'll bounce back eventually.

Adelae isn't picture worthy yet, as it hasn't really done anything significant so far

Either way, Twitcher, you're awesome for sending me such great plants!

-Capensis pic is from the day I got it, but hasn't changed much.
- Burmannii started having new growth and was growing a flower stalk within days of arriving

Burmannii and spat/tokai are nice and dewy on a west facing window sill on the outside, but is shaded and gets direct sun for 4 hours

Capensis is in the same place, but hasn't made any dew, yet
20190814_130441.jpg
20190814_130441.jpg (117.25 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
20190814_130501.jpg
20190814_130501.jpg (96.88 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
IMG_20190807_180309.jpg
IMG_20190807_180309.jpg (90.43 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
By thefic
Some capes can take a month or more to adjust.

I had to repot some of mine in June after a gets wave nearly destroyed them. They are just now producing dew. Just give it some time. Moving around again may just delay see production.
By chomato
thefic wrote:Some capes can take a month or more to adjust.

I had to repot some of mine in June after a gets wave nearly destroyed them. They are just now producing dew. Just give it some time. Moving around again may just delay see production.
I'm not too worried about capensis, this one actually came with two grow points (2 plants?) But I got another 2 in a mini bog garden and are doing fine. I was just surprised at how quickly burmannii and spat/tokai bounced back from being shipped during the summer weather/had been in my black metal mailbox for a couple of hours
By twitcher
Thanks for the kind words.

Looks like they had a rough trip.
There were two capensis in the pot. Adelae doesn't seem to like the summer heat, but they are sturdy. The burmanii should color up nicely with good light.

Hope they do well for you. I have replacements for all if you need them. Now I know why there is not a lot of trading going on in the summer. I had a ping purchase that got shipped during the heat wave and most of them got crisped. I'll have to remember for next year.
By chomato
twitcher wrote:Thanks for the kind words.

Looks like they had a rough trip.
There were two capensis in the pot. Adelae doesn't seem to like the summer heat, but they are sturdy. The burmanii should color up nicely with good light.

Hope they do well for you. I have replacements for all if you need them. Now I know why there is not a lot of trading going on in the summer. I had a ping purchase that got shipped during the heat wave and most of them got crisped. I'll have to remember for next year.
Thanks for the offer! They're all doing fine so far. Your packaging was amazing btw, so I'm sure that was one of the main reasons why everything made it here alive!
Perlite from Ebay

The website, http://www.perlagro.co.uk/product/per[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!