FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By BoothEatsBUGS
that sucks. I can definitely help out, I still have enough of this last batch that I got to get a bunch of cultures going. It just sucks because it finally started to really take off then it all dried up and died.
By BoothEatsBUGS
A few pics I took today. My rainforest watering system was constantly clogging, so I took it to work and re drilled all the holes, made them slightly bigger. Only problem was the water wouldn't come out of all the holes because my pump wasn't powerful enough to pump water from ground level all the way up to the top of my rack, so I went and bought a bigger pump (396 GPH). Turns out that pump wasn't powerful enough either! I had no choice but to move my bog garden up (and replace the 162 GPH pump with the other 264 GPH pump I had) and my rainforest down, here's a few pics I took during the process.

N. Ventricosa x Boschiana, lots of traps!

Newest N. Ventricosa x Boschiana pitcher

New N. Maxima 'Giant' Pitcher, this thing is getting huge! I'm afraid it won't fit in the rainforest soon

N. Maxima 'Giant'

N. Maxima 'Dark' x Merrilliana pitcher

N. 'Poi Dog' Random Hybrid is finally pitchering!

Everybody waiting to be moved!

New heliamphora in its humidity done until I can come up with its own set up. It lost a couple pitchers but I think this may be due to shipping shock.

That's all for now!
BoothEatsBUGS liked this
By BoothEatsBUGS
Thanks! Honestly they werent doing so well until I gave them tons of water. I still had one plant die and another one that's dying. If anyone knows how to care for a n. Griffin let me know mine isnt doing well for some reason.
By BoothEatsBUGS
Thanks dark! The overhead watering makes plants explode! The moss is loving it.

I just hope my heliamphora survives. I took it out of the humidity dome because I don't see new growth, and I have a few browning pitchers.
BoothEatsBUGS liked this
By BoothEatsBUGS
I did a comparison of two recently opened pitchers on my N. Maxima 'Giant'. The newly opened pitcher has a much more flared peristome. I hope I get huge flares out of it when it gets older.

The two pitchers

Newest pitcher

Previously opened pitcher

And here's one of my favorite hybrids (N. Maxima x Boschiana) that I have opening a new pitcher. I can't wait to see this one when it darkens up, It's going to be beautiful.

The N. Maxima x Boschiana. Love the deep red color. The pitchers have a lot of black and purple on them, they're so beautiful

Here's a picture of an older pitcher on the same plant.

My FTS Heliamphora Minor :) Got a few browning pitchers,but I think it will be fine.

That's all for now, thanks for looking!
BoothEatsBUGS liked this
By David F
Everything looks so awesome! As Usual!
David F liked this
What’s happening

So I repotted this baby vft earlier this winter […]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Browning Sarracenia and Aphids

Just wanted to update that with a new light and di[…]

Perlite from Ebay

how does this stuff look? https://www.fertilefibre[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!