FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Hi all. What do you think about the photo contests? Have they run their course? We've only had two submissions this month and I'm one of them. Please let me know what you think. I don't see any need to keep it going if it is not something you are interested in. Here is the link to this month's contest january-photo-contest-flytaps-are-beautiful-t49151.html
By That one plant boi
I enjoy the photo contest! I just don't have anything to submit this month since I already packed all my plants away in the fridge. I think we should let the contests go go for a while longer and see how they do in the coming months.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By Matt
I really enjoy them as well and am happy to donate prizes! I think that Leah and I could promote them more in social media and perhaps we'd get some more participation? Unfortunately, it seems like most people enjoy spending their online time on Facebook of Instagram these days. Might be hard to pry them away from their social media time, but maybe with a bit of promotion, it would be possible?
By Adelae
That one plant boi wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:56 pm I enjoy the photo contest! I just don't have anything to submit this month since I already packed all my plants away in the fridge. I think we should let the contests go go for a while longer and see how they do in the coming months.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Same here, I saw the old photo contests when I first joined and was sad I missed out on them, and I like having them now!
...But all my flytraps are dormant at the moment. Not super photogenic. :cry:
By Panman
Ah, so the topic may be the problem. I thought all CP people were like me and kept pictures of their plants ontheir phones like their children. :D
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!