FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By tejan24
I just received my new pH meter. I got this one, http://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html This is my first one and I have no idea how to use a pH meter. I was reading that it had to be calibrated it comes with a little packet, 7.01 buffer solution. Once I open this packet can I still use it in the future? How often do I have to calibrate it? It said, I have to use a storage solution. I don’t have one, is it necessary to use a storage solution? If so is there anything else I can use to store it? Any advice would be great.
By goldslinger
You can use any brand ph calibration solution. I bought the larger volume from Phytotech. Since You will be working with lower PH range, You will want the 7.01 and the 4.0 solutions. If that meter is a two point calibration type, then You adjust one potentiometer for each solution, if it's a one point, then just use the 4.0 solution, or both and split the difference.

Storage solution is brand specific, but if You lack that, then regular tap water ( not distilled ) will also do. You should have it moist at all times, if possible. If it drys out, then You will have to soak it for hours in tap water to prime it again, if You don't ruin the probe. I'm not sure, but You could have it standing in tap water all of the time, I think some do.

As far as how often to calibrate? As often as You like; kinda supposed to do it often, but that's kinda up to You.
I have used mine several times now without calibrating. You don't have to do it every time.
goldslinger liked this
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!