FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By trooperkris
Hello, all. I just wanted to post a review of a CP i recently received from petflytrap.com
I bought a Scarlet Belle pitcher plant. The price was really good (around $13 total for the plant, and shipping. No tax :) )
It took only around 2-3 days to arrive at my house in Kentucky, from the seller based in Texas, so i was happy about that.
The plant arrived in great condition, and had been growing in a 3 inch plastic pot, in what i guess is a perilite-peat mix.
What i did once i unwrapped it, was i broke up the growing medium it was in, and bumped it up to a 5-inch pot, filled with LFS moss, and used the medium used by the company to ship the plant, to 'pack-in' the root ball.

Overall, it is a beautiful plant, and for the price, i would definitely buy from them again. Sorry FTC store, but most of the stuff you had i wanted was out of stock (which i completely understand, given the season). Here is a picture of the re-potted happy Scarlet Belle.
Attachments:
My Scarlet Belle.jpg
My Scarlet Belle.jpg (136.71 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
By Matt
Glad you had a good experience with them! Seems like quite a few other people haven't had the same luck, but I think in most cases this was when dealing with them for flytraps. That's very nice Sarracenia you have there :)

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!