FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By parker679
Got a couple mystery boxes, a free add on, and I finally added most the plants I got in a trade with Eric(Dionae)

Added 'sawtooth', "vigorous", some more "Maroon Monsters", and 'Mirror' from the mystery boxes

Got a bunch of sarrs from Eric that I kind of added, need to check the tags at some point since my memory is bad. A purp, AS X JH, a few hybrids and some seed frown VFT's.

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a 'Leah Wilkerson' from Brooks Garcia along with one of his "Blood Moon." They should arrive in a day or two.

Funny story about the mystery boxes. I was on flytrapranch and noticed Steve had some 4 plant MB's in stock which was cool, but he was also offering your choice of one of several 2 plant freebies with any order. So I grab the box and select 'sawtooth' as my freebie. The next day I see the MB's in stock at FTS so I grab one of those too(Matt and Leah always do an awesome MB). The MB comes in from FTR and it's 2 maroon monsters and 2 sawtooth, plus the 2 sawtooth freebie I selected so I now have 4 sawtooth's and 2 MM's. I open the box from FTS and what do I see? Another sawtooth and another MM, LoL.

I'm not complaining, I just thought it was funny that I selected 'sawtooth' as my freebie since I didn't have one and I ended up getting it in every item I ordered from two different vendors. Long story short, if next spring anyone is looking for 'sawtooth' you know who to come to. :D
parker679, parker679 liked this
By Goodkoalie
http://geckosetc.com/htm/cp2010prices.htm

also, this guy has a huge collection of sarracneia, he liv es 10 minutes away from me, he had a lot of nice sarracenia species for a super sheap price. The plants are huge. i got a lueocphylla HCW for $10, it had 6 growth points, and was to big for a 6 inch pot. He was one of the poeple who got me started in the amazing hobby.
By parker679
Dionae wrote:Well, i'm looking for a sawtooth lol.
Well I'll add it to the list for my next shipment to you. I figure since everything is just beginning to go dormant I'll let them get into it a little more before shipping them. The microdents are settling nicely and should be ready to go. Also, the "Long Red Fingers" is still small and I want to be sure it will ship well.
Goodkoalie wrote:Me to :) Great list
Cool, I'll set one aside for you as well. If you see something else you like let me know and I'll send them your way like we talked about. Probably won't be for a little bit though, I like to let the plants settle and make sure they start growing well before pulling them out. And thanks for that link, I'm always looking for new sarr sources, especially after all these posts Mike Wang has been making. I think my next focus will be on more location specific leucos.
parker679 liked this
By parker679
Dionae wrote:Jeremy do you have any divs from that Black Widow? Been looking for that plant for a while. I'll make it worth your while if you have one available...no matter what size.
I've only had it maybe 7 months or so, haven't really looked. I'll check it out when I get home today and see. Otherwise you're on the top of my list for when it does divide.
parker679 liked this
By parker679
Dionae wrote:Jeremy do you have any divs from that Black Widow? Been looking for that plant for a while. I'll make it worth your while if you have one available...no matter what size.
Ok Eric. Based on my preliminary look you may be in luck. I can see three distinct growth points, now whether or not I am able to divide them is a different question. I'm going to pull it this week end if I have time to upgrade the pot and if I can break a piece off for you I will.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!