FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By parker679
Dionae wrote:Get your LW x AS out asap. Sorry for forgetting to put those in there.
No sweat. My neck started hurting toward the end of potting up what you did send so I'm glad there wasn't more. :D

I'm just sorry you're paying another shipping cost.
By stubbingsj
Wow, Nice collection! I wish I had half of the stuff some other people have... Anyway, do you know of any good places (in Florida) to see carnivorous plants? I know that there are TONS of places up near you in Tallahassee and Pensacola, But I have found only ONE near me. (Jacksonville)
By parker679
Added Schuppenstiel I, Trichterfalle X Coquillage # 1, and Trichterfalle X Coquillage # 2..... I think I may have an addiction :roll:

stubbingsj wrote:Wow, Nice collection! I wish I had half of the stuff some other people have... Anyway, do you know of any good places (in Florida) to see carnivorous plants? I know that there are TONS of places up near you in Tallahassee and Pensacola, But I have found only ONE near me. (Jacksonville)
Thanks! I'm sure your collection will get there. It's taken me a few years, though I tend to buy in spurts.

Unfortunately my one big failing as an enthusiast in this hobby is that I've never tried to locate areas around me where I can see them in the wild. I know there are places within an hour of here where I've heard you can see Sarracenia from the road but I don't know where exactly. If I were you I would sign up to the CP mailing list here and ask the question there. You may not get info on sites that are hidden or have rare plants but I would think someone may be able to direct you to some sites that are easily accessible.
parker679 liked this
By Dionae
parker679 wrote:Added WIP Slim Snapper, Creeping Death, Trichterfalle, and G16

I would like to thank Matt and Leah for getting these plants to me in time to be potted up before my wife gets home from visiting family. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I told my better half I spent $50 on sarr seeds and I swear its the first time ive actually saw a draw drop.
Dionae, Dionae liked this
By parker679
Dionae wrote:

I would like to thank Matt and Leah for getting these plants to me in time to be potted up before my wife gets home from visiting family. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I told my better half I spent $50 on sarr seeds and I swear its the first time ive actually saw a draw drop.

LoL....Sometimes I think about how much I've spent on plants over the years and my own jaw drops. Then I go outside and look at them and it's all worth it.
parker679, parker679 liked this
By parker679
Matt wrote:
parker679 wrote:LoL....Sometimes I think about how much I've spent on plants over the years and my own jaw drops. Then I go outside and look at them and it's all worth it.
Couldn't agree more!
Seriously. Plus the fact that most CP's readily divide makes it better.

My Japanese Maple is probably the most costly plant I own outside of my carnivorous ones and as awesome as it is I will always just have one.

But I can pay $80 for a Sarracenia cultivar and with little effort on my part I will have several divisions after a few years that I can sell/trade/give away.
parker679 liked this
By Dionae
Dionae wrote:

Went all scooby doo on you didnt I :lol: ?
By parker679
Dionae wrote:
Dionae wrote:

Went all scooby doo on you didnt I :lol: ?
:lol: Holy hell, I've read that comment a dozen times and didn't notice that. I even had to read this comment a few times before I noticed it. LoL

As for the JM cuttings, I've thought about it but from my limited research it's supposed to be hard to do. That's why most JM's you buy are actually grafted on to root stock of a different species that's hardier. There are a few types like "Glowing Embers" that don't need grafting but mine, "Crimson Queen", does.
parker679 liked this
Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!