FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By SundewWolf
It didn't burn my schizandra leaves so if anything I've thought about making it even more concentrated lol.

You never had problems with it going bad? How quickly do you go through it? You don't store it in a fridge or anything right?
By riveraXVX
I just picked up maxsea about a week ago and mixing up the 1/4th in smaller containers wasn't too bad, I picked up a $5 set of the micro-measuring spoons (tad, pinch, etc)

1/4 tsp to 1 gallon/128oz
1/8th tsp to 1/2 gallon/64oz
1/16 tsp to 32oz
1/32 tsp to 16oz

I used a 20oz bottle to do 16oz measured out until my 32.1oz spray bottle arrives in the mail did my first droppings last week via pipette on a couple of the sundew seedlings and also filled both neps pitchers up about 1/4th of the way with it.

so far after a week no ill signs and the neps have already shown results and partially open younger pitchers have grown and lids are fully open now. its almost like the pitchers are saying WOW

but yeah if you are having trouble with the small quantities, those spoons are cheap and decent! got ours on amazon there are a bunch of random ones. some people on other forums I've read do up to 1/2 concentration depending on the plants. I am going to stick with 1/4th for the time being either way.
Repotting carnivorous plants

Looks OK to me. Where did you get you Cobra Lily? […]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!