FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By Adam
That's cool. Is that what is called an "air plant"? I saw those for sale at my local nursery.
By watnazn
Just throwing this out there.
Bonsai are pretty cool to grow and you can shape them, but they need a lot of care.
And I have air plants which are also cool.
By Matt
watnazn wrote:Just throwing this out there.
Bonsai are pretty cool to grow and you can shape them, but they need a lot of care.
Hello and welcome to flytrapcare! Yes, Bonsai are very cool plants to grow. I used to have them when I was younger, but I haven't had one for a while now. Perhaps I'll pick one up once I get moved into our new house.

What are air plants? Is that just a technique for growing plants, or is it a type of plant?
By ReefPlant
Matt wrote:
watnazn wrote:Just throwing this out there.
Hello and welcome to flytrapcare! Yes, Bonsai are very cool plants to grow. I used to have them when I was younger, but I haven't had one for a while now. Perhaps I'll pick one up once I get moved into our new house.

What are air plants? Is that just a technique for growing plants, or is it a type of plant?
Tillandsia are most of the "airplants" i've found. Like Bromes. they grow with anchor roots and not much else. I nice sunny/warm location and your good to grow. Spray them as long as they don't get too wet near the base were the leaves come together(fungus/rot). i have a few pieces of cork bark i attatched some T. ionantha to and it looks pretty cool. Hangs out of the way and uses otherwise wasted light. Check out the air plants for sure...
By lozone31
I think that I saw those not to long ago on a show. It was portraying a "living wall" where you have this wall in your house full of plants that just anchor to the wall and then you just spray their leaves. The wall is supposed to clean your air and to make for circulation if you get it full and healthy. It is quite neat actually.
By tomh
Wow! I wish I saw this thread sooner. I love and collect weird and unusual plants. That is what got me into cp's. Try checking out the Tacca varieties. Very stunning and unique. Also, I have an impatiens sp. that its common name is parrot plant. cant remember complete name off hand. Also there are many different types of alocasia that would fit the bill.
By Caleboy 123
Hey, check out the sensitive plant. It immediatly reacts to the human touch.
By marvin1997
Tillandsias?(air plant)or Bromeliad?Both are very nice :D They flower also :lol: :lol:

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!