FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about your orchids and share photos of them here

Moderator: Matt

By Bradari
i was given 2x orchids in early december by my sister who has a grey thumb so she wanted me to look after them.
Up until now i have had them siting in a windowsill not giving them much attention but i noticed this weekend what looks like a flower stalk emerging from each of them.
now in my opinion i dont want them to flower in the windowsill cause then im not gona see the flowers. but the only place i can move them to has a bit less direct light.

how much light do they really need to continue growing well? and flowering. also are they going to have enough time to flower seeing that autumn is upon us?
By SFLguy
It all depends on the type of orchid :) post a picture of it and we'll tell you more
SFLguy liked this
By xr280xr
If it's a phalaenopsis: They will live indoors without much light, but do much better with lots of very bright indirect light. So I would recommend waiting until all of the buds have formed, and then move it to lower light conditions where you can enjoy the flowers. They don't need as much light while they have flowers. Flowering is normally initiated by a drop in temperatures so Autumn coming shouldn't be a problem. It's growing indoors anyway, right?
By Bradari
thanx ill post pics this afternoon
I have no clue what type they are.

yip they are growing inside now. really excited about the flower stems cause its the 1st time i have managed to keep orchids alive let alone have them flower.
By Bradari
The orchids. The one on the left has very curled leaves what could cause that? Seems to be the old leaves only
ImageImage

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
By SFLguy
Those are both Phalaenopsis :)
They look to be in good shape to me :)
By xr280xr
Changing the angle of lighting can cause the leaves to curl to try to face the light. Or it may have been growing up against something.
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!