FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By xr280xr
That's a great idea! I think that one bulb would be suitable at that distance, especially with the reflector. You'd probably need to halve the distance or add a 2nd light (the former being much more efficient) to let your plants thrive, but I'd bet they'd do ok under just the one as long as you keep the bulb fresh.
I've actually made up some sheet metal pieces to do just that today at work, mainly to keep from being blinded while sitting in my recliner.
Yes, that's the only catch! You're trying to mimic the sun in a cabinet. It's going to be freaking bright. Maybe you could have a lower power, more yellow light on its own timer that flips on when the growlight flips off in the evening to make it easier on your eyes. Or keep a pair of sunglasses handy 8-)
By aarolar
Wanted to update this, I made a plexiglas shell at work and added some landscaping. Right now its dedicated to my cephalotus.

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
By boarderlib
What a difference! It looks great! Thanks for updating this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By aarolar
boarderlib wrote:What a difference! It looks great! Thanks for updating this.

Thanks Im going to add another light and fill in with some Drosera. The fly trap I had up there did get some color but I think one more light will do the trick. I am alittle nervous about the watering of the ceph.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
By boarderlib
I would be careful getting the plant itself wet since I don't really see a fan or anything. I just water around mine when I see the top of the media starting to dry out. I've only been growing cephs for about 9 months so take it for what you will.

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!