FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By trooperkris
After my attempt to divide a typical Venus flytrap earlier this spring, I ended up with two separate plants, and somehow a 2-inch piece of rhyzome. Ever since, I planted this rhyzome in its own pot, and given it TLC. So far all it has done is send up TINY leaves, with even smaller traps. Like these traps could not even catch a fungus gnat. I guess this os just part of its long road to recovery. Any advice on what I should do?
uploadfromtaptalk1403739681063.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1403739681063.jpg (356.31 KiB) Viewed 1704 times
uploadfromtaptalk1403739642904.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1403739642904.jpg (37.23 KiB) Viewed 1704 times
By bvalente
Don't give up! I had a Vigorous that I received and was a beautiful plant but after being shipped it had a lot of stress, more so than any other plant shipped in the same packaging for whatever reason. It pretty much died back to the rhizome and stayed like that for a good solid month or two. No traps, very little "growth" if you even want to call it that. Then one day I came home from work and checked on my plants and boom. Things turned around! Now it's clumping together very nicely and putting out a few traps within this past week. I've slowly been feeding them some dried bloodworms and it's really helped them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!