FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By Pickles6
Hey people! I just found out that fertilized peat moss from miracle gro is bad...My mom is going to be so mad!And I got a stupid clay pot which apparently now is bad.....UGH!!!!!!!! STUPID! uh..So I may need to get some more unfertilized peat moss....can you tell me what kind of peat is out there! I don't want my Vladamir to die!!!!!! And what kind of stupid pot to use....I am still really mad and is now in a not so great mood..
By dionaea muscipula
well first you have to use a plastic pot or Styrofoam cup and i havent really heard of other products that have fertilizer besides mirical grow hope this helps :D P.S. give him more sunlight!!!
By mktamin
You can just use any plastic pot (wash it first if it held regular soil before), though glazed clay pots are ok, and I've heard that the pot may be ok to use, as long as it's brand new and left in a bucket of pure water to leech out minerals, though this is not recommended and should only be used if you don't have any plastic pots. As for the peat moss, I buy a whole bale of "Premier" brand Canadian peat moss. It's huge and should last you many years (and it's cheap too, only $10).
By nesler
Yeah, I got a big plastic wrapped bale of Canadian sphagnum peat moss for 8 bucks. It's not bad. And a plastic pot is a couple bucks. Just watch out for the perlite, if you're using it. Most places only stock the Miracle Gro brand of it... I made that mistake...
By kevinqwe
first of all you shouldnt have even thought about repotting right before dormancy. a smart thing to do is repot after dromancy!!!!
get premier peat moss. you can get it at Lowes!! check online first.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!