FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By sharky334
Hello everyone! I'm a novice at these VFT. I inherited one last year. It seemed to do ok initially, and reading some about the care of them, I ordered some VFT soil (from the venus fly trap store) last year and re potted it. I'm watering it with distilled water, keeping it moist, but not soaked. I haven't put it outside recently (because I was afraid the 90+ degree weather and high humidity we have had recently in Ohio, would be bad from my A/C house). It had some small traps last year, but after the winter (when it went dominate), it dropped the traps and none have grown back yet. I'm sure I am not doing something right (probably many things). Any suggestions would help. Here's what it looks like currently.
My Sad VFT.jpg
My Sad VFT.jpg (693.41 KiB) Viewed 1238 times
By boarderlib
Mine are outside loving up this hot humid weather. Acclimate it to full sun and bring it in, in November. Back out in early April. They grow great up here, although they do have a short season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By sharky334
Ok, will acclimate it for the outdoors slowly. Thanks for the advice!
By FlyTrap Hunter
sharky334 wrote:Ok, will acclimate it for the outdoors slowly. Thanks for the advice!
It's going to be tough to not burn your plant but if you do don't panic. It will take a few weeks to a month but you will get a bunch of new growth and the fly traps will all fill in nicely. We are just getting into the growing season so it may come back faster right now.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!