FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By AlwaysCurious
Hi,

I'm new to owning VFTs and Pitcher Plants. I have one of each and and perfectly happy feeding each any bugs in the conservatory or whatever, and am considering buying food for them.
Am currently giving rainwater to them.

However, I have noticed what looks to be a mould (white fuzz) on the top of the soil for one if the plants. How to I avoid this in future and any advice for repotting my plants/removing the mould?

Any other general advice will be greatly appreciated! :)
By pastelgalaxy748
mold likes to grow in warm, damp, dark places so maybe you can just remove the mold and give it more sunlight to try and prevent it?

and if you buy food for them, i would recommend bloodworms. they seem to like those. i personally feed mine with random insects i find but yesterday one of mine actually caught a little gnat all by himself!
By steve booth
If the plants are healthy they shouldn’t need feeding, they will attract their own prey. Which pitcher plants are they? Nepenthes, heliamphora or Sarracenia? Over feeding Sarracenia can cause pitcher burn.
Cheers
Steve
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!